Department of Fish and Wildlife Wildlife Corridor Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board
- Document Title
- Department of Fish and Wildlife Wildlife Corridor Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- To plant and establish 0.5 acres of native floodplain meadow in the Demonstration Area; to plant native riparian plants on eight abandoned railroad trestle mounds and establish 22 acres of floodplain meadow in the Northern Area; and to plant and establish 3 acres of native floodplain meadow in the Southern Area.
- Contact Information
Central Valley Flood Protection Board
3310 El Camino Avenue, Suite 170
Sacramento, CA 95821
Phone : (916) 574-0651
- West Sacramento
- Other Location Info
- To restore native riparian habitat at three locations within the Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area (YBWA) including the: Demonstration Area; Northern Corridor; and Southern Corridor.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304, Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Board staff has determined the project is exempt from CEQA under the Class 4, Minor Alterations to Land categorical exemption (CEQA Guidelines§ 15304), because the proposed activity consists of habitat restoration that provides wildlife corridors for flood escape located on existing officially designated wildlife management areas. Further, none of the exceptions to the exemption in CEQA Guidelines § 15300.2 apply.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019110528 Corridor Project PDF 510 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.