Sonoma State University Stream Crossings (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2019-0692-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 - Eureka (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Eureka Region 1)
- Document Title
- Sonoma State University Stream Crossings (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2019-0692-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Sonoma State University, represented by Kristi Marian
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0692-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Sonoma State University, represented by Kristi Marian. The project is limited to five encroachments: rock armoring the outfall channel of an existing culvert; repair of an armored fill crossing; replacement of a failed culvert crossing with an armored fill crossing; installation of a new culvert to repair a stream diversion; and decommissioning of a failed culvert crossing. All crossings will convey and withstand 100-year flows and will be designed to current standards.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Northern Region
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 456-0335
- Other Location Info
- The project is on the Galbreath Wildlands Preserve, approximately 3.25 miles southwest of Yorkville, on forest roads northwest of Elkhorn Road, in the County of Mendocino. In the Big Foot Mountain, Gube Mountain, and Ornbaun Valley ,Calif. U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangles. Sections 24 and 25, Township 12N, Range 13W.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type - Class 1 and 4; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15301 and 15304.
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project repairs and replaces existing crossings. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered , rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. The project is a minor alteration to land, water, and vegetation, and does not remove any mature trees, and will not lead to an expansion of use.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019110276_1600-2019-0692-R1_MEN_Sonoma State University Stream Crossings Repair_NOE PDF 506 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.