Acquisition of Ukiah Valley Wildlands for Conservation, Fire Safety, and Watershed Protection
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Ukiah, City of (City of Ukiah)
- Document Title
- Acquisition of Ukiah Valley Wildlands for Conservation, Fire Safety, and Watershed Protection
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- City of Ukiah, Community Services Department
- Document Description
- The project consists of purchase of multiple wildland parcels for the preservation and protection of open spaces, including conservation, fire safety, and watershed protection, the details of which are not known at this time.
- Contact Information
City of Ukiah
300 Seminary Ave.
Ukiah, CA 95482
Phone : (707) 463-6219
- Other Location Info
- 10 parcels of wild lands located in an area known as Ukiah's western urban interface, for a total of 518 acres: APNs 001-040-83, 003-190-01, 157-070-01, 157-070-02, 157-060-02, 157-060-03, 157-050-02, 157-050-04, 157-050-09, 157-050-10 (157-050-11 & 157-050-12), contained within the red-colored outline on the attached map in Exhibit A
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Article 5, Section 15060 (c)(2)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project is exempt from the provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Article 5, Section 15060 (c)(2) because the purchase of the parcels will not result in a direct or reasonably foreseeable indirect physical change in the environment. The properties are being purchased by the City of Ukiah, which intends to protect and preserve open spaces on the properties for the purposes of conservation, fire safety, and watershed protection. However, activities of which the City of Ukiah would engage in to protect and preserve the open spaces have not been identified. Without this information it is not possible to meaningfully assess the environmental impacts or the type of environmental review that is appropriate or required by CEQA for the future use of the properties. Additionally, until such information is developed, the City will make no changes to the existing use or condition of the property if acquired. As a result, the project consisting of the acquisition of 518 acres of wildlands in Ukiah's western urban interface " ... will not result in a direct or reasonably foreseeable indirect physical change in the environment." (14 CCR §15060(c)(2).) Based on the foregoing, the project qualifies for the above CEQA exemption.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019110261_City of Ukiah Wildlands Aquisition NOE_filed PDF 659 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.