CAAQ Erosion Repair MM 3.81-28.63 OM-DFD-2019-022
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- CAAQ Erosion Repair MM 3.81-28.63 OM-DFD-2019-022
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Department of Water Resources
- Document Description
- DFD staff will repair erosion along the California Aqueduct at MM 3.81, 4.1-4.2; 6.52, and 28.63. DFD staff will remove vegetation as needed with hand tools in the erosion areas prior to repairs. DFD staff will use a back hoe to collapse and remove all loose material from the eroded area. The spoils will be transported to the DFD Fish Facility spoil site. Staff will load trucks at the stockpile sites with clean fill and rip rap material to be hauled to the erosion site. Clean fill dirt will be placed in a series of soil lifts to reshape the eroded area. Rip rap will be placed on top of the compacted fill. All staging of equipment will be on the roadway next to v-ditch erosion sites, stockpile and spoil locations. All work is within DWR right of way.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resources
Division of Operations and Maintenance 1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9342
- Cross Streets
- California Aqueduct Mile Markers 3.81, 4.1-4.2, 6.52, 28.63.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, Existing Facilities, Section No. 15301 (b)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The State Water Project provides significant and important services to many Californians. This project is exempt because it involves routine maintenance activities. This project will not result in impacts to special status species or habitat. Because this activity can be implemented without any significant environmental impacts, the Categorical Exemption Class 1 will be used for CEQA compliance.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019110104_CAAQ Erosion Repair PDF 730 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.