Folsom Dam Raise Project (Geotechnical Investigations)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board
- Document Title
- Folsom Dam Raise Project (Geotechnical Investigations)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board (CVFPB)
- Document Description
- USACE & CVFPB propose to conduct exploratory borings/trenches to determine the viability of potential borrow materials to use during construction. Borings would be approx. 8-inch wide x 40 ft deep; trenches would be approx. 4 ft wide, 15 ft long & 30 ft deep. Work will occur October through November 2019.
- Contact Information
Central Valley Flood Protection Board (CVFPB)
3310 El Camino Avenue, Suite 170
Sacramento, CA 95821
Phone : (916) 574-2310
- Other Location Info
- Approximately 25 sites in the vicinity of the Mormon Island Auxiliary Dam near Folsom Lake.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15306 Information Collection
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of geotechnical exploration that will not result in a major disturbance to an environmental resource. No woody vegetation would be removed. No in-water work. The project would not impact state or federally listed species. Recreational paths would remain open. Borings/trenches will be backfilled upon completion and the sites will be restored to pre-project conditions. No mitigation is required.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019100625 Folsom Dam Mormon Island PDF 608 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.