Folsom Dam Raise Project (Geotechnical Investigations)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board
- Document Title
- Folsom Dam Raise Project (Geotechnical Investigations)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board (CVFPB)
- Document Description
- USACE & CVFPB propose to conduct exploratory borings and geotechnical tests to evaluate existing conditions & risks for design of the dam raise. Borings would range from 20-130 feet deep. Tests include Becker penetration test, sonic coring, and standard testing. Work will occur late-September through November 2019.
- Contact Information
Central Valley Flood Protection Board (CVFPB)
3310 El Camino Avenue, Suite 170
Sacramento, CA 95821
Phone : (916) 574-2310
- Other Location Info
- Approximately 35 sites in the vicinity of the Folsom Dam right-wing and left-wing dams near Folsom Lake.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15306 Information Collection
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of geotechnical exploration that will not result in a major disturbance to an environmental resource. No woody vegetation would be removed. No in-water work. The project would not impact state or federally listed species. Recreational paths would remain open. Borings will be backfilled upon completion and the sites will be restored to pre-project conditions. No mitigation is required.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019100623 Folsom Dam wing PDF 702 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.