Channel Enhancement Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0825-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 - Northern Region, Redding (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Northern Region 1)
- Document Title
- Channel Enhancement Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0825-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Gary Black
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0825-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Gary Black. The project is limited to two location on the East Fork of Scott River. Site #1 at Mountain House Creek, a tributary of East Fork of Scott River, will be reconstructing a 100-foot long reach of channel and floodplain impacted previously during a flood event. The new channel will be approximately five feet wide and five feet deep, and the constructed nearby floodplain will be approximately ten feet wide. If work cannot be done in the dry, hand work would be conducted in the active channel as long as flows are below 0.3 cubic feet per second (cfs). Upon completion of the channel treatment, riparian planting will occur within the active channel and on the floodplain. Site #2 at East Fork of the Scott River will be planting riparian species along an eroding crescent-shaped bank and surrounding area outside of the floodplain to separate the ditch and stream bank. Heavy equipment will be used to create trenches, pits, and holes for the riparian planting treatments. Cage or exclusion fencing with be installed to protect plantings at the flood plain elevation. Additional adaptive management may occur in consultation and with approval by CDFW in writing.
- Contact Information
Janae R. Scruggs
Department of Fish and Wildlife
601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 945-9458
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at East Fork of Scott River, tributary to the Klamath River in the County of Siskiyou, State of California; Site #1 Mountain House Creek, Tributary of East Fork of Scott River Section 20, Township 41N, Range 7W; U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) 7.5 Minute Quadrangle map Gazelle Mountain, Humboldt Base and Meridian; Assessor's Parcel Number 022-130-070; Latitude 41° 24' 42.46"N, Longitude 122° 37' 43.45"W Degrees Minutes Seconds. Site #2 East Fork of Scott River Section 11, Township 41N, Range 7W; U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) 7.5 Minute Quadrangle map Gazelle Mountain, Humboldt Base and Meridian; Assessor's Parcel Number 022-150-300; Latitude 41° 23' 1.12"N, Longitude 122° 40' 41.38"W Degrees Minutes Seconds.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 33; California Code of Regulations, Title 14, section 15333
- Reasons for Exemption
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has determined that the Project is categorically exempt from review under CEQA pursuant to California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Article 19, Section 15333 Small Habitat Restoration projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019100550 1600-2019-0825_R1_SIS_EF Scott River_AP Cattle_Channel Enhancement_NOE PDF 407 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.