Robles Facility Forebay and Timberwall Restoration Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0145-R5)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 5 - South Coast, San Diego (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5)
- Document Title
- Robles Facility Forebay and Timberwall Restoration Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0145-R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Casitas Municipal Water District
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0145-R5, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Casitas Municipal Water District as represented by Julia Aranda. The project consists of excavating and relocating approximately 100,000 cubic yards (CY) of sediment (area of 4.61 acres) that has been trapped in the forebay of the Robles Dam Diversion over a 3-year period beginning in 2019. Sediment removed from all phases will be placed in the primary designated sediment area where no native vegetation occurs. Additionally, Casitas will be repairing the 325-foot long timber cut-off wall at the Robles Dam Diversion in two locations: at the easterly side (at approximately 35-feet) and the westerly side (at approximately 65-feet). The repairs include removing and replacing approximately 20 timber beams that measure three-inch wide by twelve-inch long.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (562) 430-7642
- 34°27'56.8"N 119°17'23.74"W
- Other Location Info
- The project is located 2 miles downstream of the Matilija Dam, in uni11corporated Ventura County, California. The project site can be located using the following information: Latitude 34°27'56.80" N, Longitude 119°17'23.74" W.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class (1 ); Class (2)
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 1 consists of the maintenance of existing structures, facilities, and topographical features, included is the maintenance of stream flows and stream channels to protect fish and wildlife resources. Class 2 consists of replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced. Excavation and relocation of sediment that has accumulated in the forebay is necessary so that the Robles Diversion Facility functions to its designed capacity, including its ability to allow native fish to traverse upstream. Additionally, repairs and reconstruction of damaged areas of the tiberwall are needed, and the reconstructed timberwall will have same purpose as capacity as it previously did. No expansion of the facilities is proposed.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019100542 1600-2019-0145 NOE PDF 428 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.