Exchange of up to 2,000 Acre-Feet of Del Puerto Water District's Central Valley Project Water Supplies with Oak Flat Water District's State Water Project Table
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Exchange of up to 2,000 Acre-Feet of Del Puerto Water District's Central Valley Project Water Supplies with Oak Flat Water District's State Water Project Table
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Oak Flat Water District (OFWD), a State Water Project (SWP) Contractor, and Del Puerto Water District (DPWD), a Central Valley Project (CVP) Contractor are neighboring districts located north of San Luis Reservoir. DPWD proposes to use OFWD's Turnouts B, C, and D in Reach 2A of the California Aqueduct as alternate points of diversion to deliver up to 2,000 acre-feet of OFWD's SWP Table A ·Water to lands within DPWD's boundaries. In exchange, Reclamation will make a like amount of CVP water available to the Department of Water Resources (DWR) at O'Neill Forebay. This exchange is covered under the 2019 Consolidated Place of Use Order (Order) approved by the State Water Resources Control Board and must be completed before the Order expires before July 13, 2020.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resources State Water Project Analysis Offc.
1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9593
- Other Location Info
- From the Delta to Oak Flat Water District's Turnouts B, C and D in Reach 2A of the California Aqueduct and O'Neill Forebay.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- California Water Code Section 1729; 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- a. California Water Code, § 1729, exempts temporary changes in place of use from the requirements of the California Environmental Quality Act. (Pub. Resources Code, § 21000; see also Cal. Code Regs., tit. 14, § 15282, subd. (u) .) b. The proposed project is a water management operation using only existing facilities. c. The project will not support new development or a change in land use. d. The project does not establish a new permanent source of water supply.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019100472 PDF 739 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.