Amend sections 27.60, 28.60, 163, 163.1, 163.5, 164 and 705; add Section 28.62; add Article 6, sections 55.00, 55.01 and 55.02, Title 14, California Code of Reg
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Game Commission (California Fish and Game Commission)
- Document Title
- Amend sections 27.60, 28.60, 163, 163.1, 163.5, 164 and 705; add Section 28.62; add Article 6, sections 55.00, 55.01 and 55.02, Title 14, California Code of Reg
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project is the adoption of regulations to implement the fishery management plan for Pacific herring fishing under the State's jurisdiction. The project includes both commercial and recreational fishing as an element of the California Department of Fish and Wildlife's Pacific herring management program. Herring are primarily harvested commercially for their roe (eggs) during the months of January through March (spawning season) using small- mesh, set gill nets to take whole fish. Minor fisheries are also conducted for roe on kelp, human consumption, and bait purposes.
- Contact Information
California Fish and Game Commission
1416 Ninth Street, Room 1320
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-4899
- Alameda Contra Costa Del Norte Humboldt Marin San Francisco San Mateo
- Other Location Info
- The project is located within state waters in coastal northern and central California, including San Francisco Bay, Tomales Bay, Humboldt Bay, and Crescent City Harbor, encompassing seven counties: San Mateo, San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Humboldt, and Del Norte.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Fish and Game Code Section 7078(e)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Fish and Game Commission adopted the Herring Fishery Management Plan on October 10, 2019 prior to approving this project. The regulations that constitute this project are regulations implementing that Fishery Management Plan and thus explicitly fit within the referenced statute.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019100404 PDF 565 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.