EMERGENCY PERMIT FOR TREATMENT OF HAZARDOUS WATE, GILEAD SCIENCES, INC., LA VERNE, CALIFORNIA
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- EMERGENCY PERMIT FOR TREATMENT OF HAZARDOUS WATE, GILEAD SCIENCES, INC., LA VERNE, CALIFORNIA
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Scott Petlick, Senior Environmental Health & Safetv Director, Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Document Description
- The California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC), pursuant to authority granted under California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Division 4.5, Chapter 20, Section 66270.61, has issued an Emergency Permit to Gilead Sciences, Inc., (EPA ID# CAR000265124) to treat hazardous waste through a controlled reaction with a chemical solution prior to shipment off-site to a permitted treatment, storage, and disposal facility. Specifically, two 1-Liter containers of 1,4 Dioxane, four 4-Liter containers and two 1-Liter containers of Diethyl Ether must be treated. No alternative treatment to controlled chemical reaction is available.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control Permitting Division
8800 Cal Center Drive
Sacramento, CA 95826
Phone : (916) 255-6531
- La Verne
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec. 21080(b)(4); 15269(b)(c)
- Reasons for Exemption
- This action is necessary to prevent an emergency Chemical stabilization of the 1,4 Dioxane and Diethyl Ether is necessary prior to transportation to a permitted treatment, storage, and disposal facility to prevent accidental fire and/or explosion during transport.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019100377 emergency permit PDF 291 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.