Unbalanced Exchange of State Water Project Table A Water between Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency and Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency (SWPAO #19032)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Unbalanced Exchange of State Water Project Table A Water between Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency and Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency (SWPAO #19032)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Document Description
- Under the proposed water exchange, up to 7,500 acre-feet of SCVWA's approved 2019 SWP Table A water (2019 Table A Water) will be delivered to AVEK by December 31 , 2019. In exchange, AVEK will return to SCVWA, based on an unbalance exchange ratio of 2: 1, up to 3.750 acre-feet of its future approved SWP Table A water. That is, for every 2 acre-feet of SCVWA's 2019 Table A Water delivered to AVEK, 1 acre-foot will be returned by AVEK to SCVWA by December 31 , 2029.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resources
State Water Project Analysis Office 1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9593
- Kern Los Angeles
- Other Location Info
- From the Delta to Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency's (SCVWA) turnout(s) at Reach 30 of the California Aqueduct and Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency's (AVEK) turnout(s) at Reaches 18A through 22B of the California Aqueduct.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1; CEQA Guidelines Section 15301, existing facility
- Reasons for Exemption
- a. The project is a water management operation using only existing facilities. b. The project will not support new development or a change in land use. c. The project does not establish a new permanent source of water supply. d. The project is entirely within the SWP place of use.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019100371 Unbalanced Exchange of PDF 1065 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.