Chlorine Scrubber System for the Rio Vista Water Treatment Plant
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency
- Document Title
- Chlorine Scrubber System for the Rio Vista Water Treatment Plant
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency (Lead Agency)
- Document Description
- This activity is installation of a replacement chlorine scrubber system. The Rio Vista Water Treatment Plant uses chlorine gas to disinfect water prior to delivering the drinking water to customers. The use of chlorine gas requires an emergency chlorine scrubber be used if a leak of chlorine gas were to occur. The required chlorine scrubber neutralizes chlorine gas leaks before chlorine gas could be released to the environment. The current chlorine scrubber is a "wet-type" chlorine scrubber system which utilizes caustic soda media to neutralize chlorine. This activity will replace the wet-type system with a "dry-type" system that uses pelletized media which, unlike the caustic media, is classified as non-hazardous.
- Contact Information
Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency
27234 Bouquet Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
Phone : (661) 513-1281
- Los Angeles
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency's Rio Vista Water Treatment Plant, located at 27234 Bouquet Canyon Road in Santa Clarita, CA.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- See CEQA Guidelines Section 15301.
- Reasons for Exemption
- This proposed action qualifies for an exemption under Class 1 Existing Facilities because it is a minor alteration of an existing public facility and its mechanical equipment involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. None of the exceptions listed in Section 15300.2 of the CEQA Guidelines would apply to the proposed action.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019100075 Signed_NOE_Chlorine Scrubber System for RVWTP 2019-OCR PDF 633 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.