Wellfield Treatment System (N, N7, and NB) for PFAS
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency
- Document Title
- Wellfield Treatment System (N, N7, and NB) for PFAS
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency (Lead Agency).
- Document Description
- This project involves constructing a Treatment System to remove Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) from three wells at the location described above. The Treatment System will consist of up to 8 tanks (approx. 12' diameter, 17' height), associated bag filters, piping, booster pumps, a chloramination disinfection facility housed within an approximate 30 ft by 40 ft building, along with associated electrical, SCADA, and water quality measuring equipment. The three wells currently have a nominal capacity of 6250 gallons per minute (gpm). The vessels will be loaded with Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) or Ion Exchange Resin both of which will trap the contaminants via adsorption. The treatment system will treat up to 6250 gpm of instantaneous flow. The treatment is needed since the chemical group PFAS, has begun to be regulated, and these wells have had detections of these chemicals, which has led to our inability to use said wells without treatment.
- Contact Information
Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency
27234 Bouquet Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
Phone : (661) 513-1281
- Los Angeles
- Other Location Info
- The project is entirely within the Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency (SCV-Water) service area and located at 23503 Valencia Boulevard. Specifically, the project will be constructed within a fenced SCV Water property containing well N.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- State type and section number: See CEQA Guidelines Section 15301.
- Reasons for Exemption
- This proposed action qualifies for an exemption under Class 1 Existing Facilities because it is a minor alteration of an existing public facility and it concerns proposed new mechanical equipment involving negligible or no expansion of use, i.e. no additional extraction of water, beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. This proposed action also qualifies for an exemption under Class 3 New Construction or Conversion of Small Structures because the project construction is limited to construction within the existing footprint of the fenced facility. None of the exceptions listed in Section 15300.2 of the CEQA Guidelines would apply to the proposed action.
- Environmental Document
- 2019100073 Wellfield Treatment System (N, N7, and NB) for PFAS(a) PDF 1042 K
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019100073_Wellfield Treatment System (N, N7, and NB) for PFAS PDF 736 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.