Wheeler Canyon Bridge Replacement Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2019-0156-R5)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 5 - South Coast, San Diego (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5)
- Document Title
- Wheeler Canyon Bridge Replacement Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2019-0156-R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Suzanne Cooper
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0156-R5, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Suzanne Cooper. The project consists of constructing a replacement bridge to span the stream bed of Todd Barranca Creek, to allow the Permittee access to their land. The previous bridge was entirely destroyed by the Thomas Fire in 2017. The new bridge will be a single unit prefabricated steel truss bridge with dimensions of 15-feet, 6-inches wide by 50-feet long that will be placed in the footprint of the original bridge (16-feet wide by 40-feet long). The project will consist of removing (2) two 3-feet-wide by 16-feet-long by 3-feet-deep abutments, constructing (4) four 36-inch-diameter pilings to depth of 34-feet with concrete and rebar, placing (2) two new 8-feet, 4-inch-wide by 23-feet, 6-inch-long by 5-fee, 3-inch-deep abutments. The pilings will be installed approximately 3 feet from the previous concrete abutments that will be removed.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife South Coast Region
3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (562) 430-7642
- Santa Paula
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at 6081 Wheeler Canyon Road, on Todd Barranca Creek, a tributary to the Santa Clara River in the city of Santa Paula, Ventura County, California.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type - Class (2); California Code of Regulations, title 14, section (15302)
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 2 consists of replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced , and will have the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019100023_Wheeler Canyon Bridge PDF 348 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.