Common Landowner Transfer of up to 1,500 acre-feet of Empire West Side Irrigation District's Approved 2019 State Water Project Table A water to Kern County...
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Common Landowner Transfer of up to 1,500 acre-feet of Empire West Side Irrigation District's Approved 2019 State Water Project Table A water to Kern County...
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- EWSID (lead agency), KCWA, and DWR (responsible agency).
- Document Description
- The proposed project is the transfer of up to 1,500 acre-feet of Empire West Side Irrigation District's (EWSID) approved 2019 State Water Project (SWP) Table A water (2019 Table A Water) to Kern County Water Agency (KCWA). The request was made on behalf of landowner Sandridge Partners Incorporated (Sandridge), which owns land in both EWSID's and KCWA's service areas. Sandridge will use the transferred water to better manage its water supplies. The delivery of EWSID's 2019 Table A Water to KCWA by the Department of Water Resources of the State of California (DWR) shall be completed by December 31, 2019 and must be used within the SWP place of use.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resources State Water
Project Analysis Office 1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-4547
- Other Location Info
- From the Delta to Kern County Water Agency's turnout(s) at Reaches 9 through 1 QA of the California Aqueduct
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1; CEQA Guidelines Section 15301, existing facility.
- Reasons for Exemption
- a. State Water Project long-term water supply contract includes provisions for delivery within the SWP place of use. b. No construction is required to implement the proposed points of delivery. c. The facilities are existing facilities that have not been expanded or modified to implement the proposed change in points of delivery. d. The water will be delivered to lands that have been in agricultural production for many years. There will be no change in land use.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019100013_Common Landowner PDF 685 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.