PG&E Tesla-Metcalf 500kV Access Road Crossing at Corral Hollow Creek (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0092-R3)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 3 - Bay Delta, Fairfield (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3)
- Document Title
- PG&E Tesla-Metcalf 500kV Access Road Crossing at Corral Hollow Creek (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0092-R3)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2018-0092-R3, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the Pacific Gas and Electric Company. The project will alter Corral Hollow Creek, in the form of repair and maintenance of an existing watercourse crossing portion of a road that provides access to the PG&E Tesla-Metcalf 500kV transmission line. The unimproved crossing has washed out and eroded over time and needs reestablishment to allow for maintenance vehicle access. It will be replaced with a more durable rock ford crossing. Project activities include reconstructing the southern approach to facilitate truck access down to the channel, reinforcing the channel bed at the crossing, reinforcing the northern approach to protect the crossing from hydraulic forces, and regrading and adding an aggregate base to the existing roadway on both sides of the crossing. Work will be performed with a CAT M series motor grader, Cat bulldozer (D5 or D6), CAT wheel loader (926 or similar), CAT pad drum compacter, CAT excavator (320 series or similar), transfer trucks for rock hauling operations, a water truck and potentially a 4X4 dump truck for hauling in rock. Work is planned for late summer/early fall 2019 and is expected to take about four weeks to complete.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 94534
Phone : (707) 339-6191
- Other Location Info
- The project is located on private land, where a PG&E transmission access road for the Tesla-Metcalf 500kV line crosses Corral Hollow Creek, in east-central Alameda County, approximately 11 miles southeast from the City of Livermore. Latitude 37.599981, Longitude -121.587379; or section 12, township 4 south, and range 3 east on Cedar Mountain Quad. APNs: 099A-2540-006 and 099A-2580-010. Private ranch roads provide the only access to the site.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 4 California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor alteration to land and water.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019090711 NOE 2019-0092-R3 PDF 412 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.