Conveyance of up to 30,000 acre-feet of Westlands Water District's 2019 Central Valley Project Water to Kern County Water Agency (SWPAO #19028).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Conveyance of up to 30,000 acre-feet of Westlands Water District's 2019 Central Valley Project Water to Kern County Water Agency (SWPAO #19028).
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Wheeler Ridge-Maricopa Water Storage District (lead agency) and DWR (responsible agency).
- Document Description
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR) will convey up to 30,000 acre-feet of Westlands Water District's 2019 Central Valley Project (CVP) water supplies to Kern County Water Agency (KCWA) on behalf of its member units, Semitropic Water Storage District and Wheeler Ridge-Maricopa Water Storage District. The United States Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation) will make the CVP water available to DWR at O'Neill Forebay for subsequent delivery by OWR to KCWA's turnouts in Reaches 10A through 16A of the California Aqueduct through February 29, 2020, in accordance with Article 55 of KCWA's Water Supply Contract with DWR.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resources
State Water Project Analysis Office 1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9593
- Other Location Info
- From the Delta to Reaches 10A through 16A of the California Aqueduct.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1; CEQA Guidelines Section 15301 , existing facility.
- Reasons for Exemption
- a. State Water Project long-term water supply contract includes provisions for conveyance of nonproject water to SWP contractors. b. No construction is required to implement the proposed delivery. c. The facilities are existing facilities that have not been expanded or modified to implement the proposed change in points of delivery. d. There will be no change in land use.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019090704 Conveyance PDF 626 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.