McNalley Headgate Replacement Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 6 - Victorville (California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Lahontan Victorville Region 6 )
- Document Title
- McNalley Headgate Replacement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Document Description
- The purpose of the Project is to replace the existing headgate structure for the Upper and Lower McNally Canals. The new headgate will have a deeper footing to protect the structure from undercutting and will also include wingwalls to protect the structure from erosion. The height of the headgate wall will be increased by two feet to maintain the integrity of the structure during high flows. Coffer dams will be required to divert water.
- Contact Information
Lahontan Regional Water Quality Control Board
15095 Amargosa Road, Bldg 2, Ste 210
Victorville, CA 92394
Phone : (760) 241-7305
- 37.416247°'"N -118.416634°'"W
- Other Location Info
- The Project is approximately 1.28 miles north of Bishop on the Owens River.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Water Board finds that the Project is categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), pursuant to CCR, title 14, section 15301 , Existing Facilities, and section 15304, Minor Alterations to Land , for the maintenance of and minor alteration to an existing canal structure with little or no expansion of use.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019090632_McNally Headgate Replacement Project - NOE PDF 340 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.