Activities of the California Department of Food and Agriculture Herbarium (Project)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife (Headquarters), Habitat Conservation Planning Branch - Sacramento (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Habitat Conservation Planning )
- Document Title
- Activities of the California Department of Food and Agriculture Herbarium (Project)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Dr. Genevieve Walden, California Department of Food and Agriculture Herbarium
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife is issuing a permit to CDFW pursuant to Fish and Game Code section 2081 (a) for activities of the CDFA Herbarium that involve plant species that are designated as rare, threatened, endangered, or candidate species pursuant to the California Endangered Species Act or the Native Plant Protection Act (Covered Species). The CDFA Herbarium accepts and stores dried specimens of Covered Species for scientific and educational purposes. CDFA may also intercept Covered Species at agricultural inspection stations and send them to the Plant Pest Diagnostic Center and Herbarium for identification, and these specimens may be incorporated into the CDFA Herbarium collection. In addition, CDFA may occasionally export and import Covered Species voucher specimens for studies conducted by researchers outside of California.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
Habitat Conservation Planning Branch Native Plant Program P.O. Box 944209
Sacramento, CA 94244-2090
Phone : (916) 651-6594
- Other Location Info
- The California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) Herbarium is located at CDFA's Plant Pest Diagnostic Center at 3294 Meadowview Road, Sacramento, CA 95832.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 13506, Class 6
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project consists of the operation of a scientific herbarium of plant specimens that is maintained to facilitate information collection, research, and plant identification and classification. The Project activities will not result in any disturbances to the environment, because the permit issued by CDFW does not authorize any collection of plant specimens from the wild.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019090562_Activities of CA PDF 685 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.