Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Bridge Replacement at Ja She Springs
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Northern Buttes District
Install a new prefabricated steel bridge at Ja She Springs in Ahjumawi Lava Springs State Park to allow for the necessary park maintenance and resource protection. Work will:
• Remove the temporary wooden pedestrian bridge;
• Hand excavate two (2) 8" to 12" deep by 10' long holes and install two (2) 18" high by 30" wide by 10' long pre-cast concrete abutments;
• Use equipment to lift and set into place two (2) 5' wide by 26' long prefabricated steel bridge sections;
• Bolt the two (2) sections together to produce the 10' wide bridge;
• Bolt to new bridge to the abutments; and
• Use approximately 10 to 15 yards of ¾" road base to construct the approaches to the bridge and fill at the abutment edges.
Project consists of the replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced and , minor alterations in the condition of land, water, and/or vegetation which do not involve the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents.
To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.
For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.