East Side Canal - Sediment Removal Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0121-R4)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 4 (Fresno) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 4)
- Document Title
- East Side Canal - Sediment Removal Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0121-R4)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- The East Side Canal and Irrigation Company.
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0121-R4, pursuant"to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the applicant, East Side Canal and Irrigation Company. The Project includes activities related to the removal of accumulated sediment along the southern bank of an approximately 2.7 miles stretch of the East Side Canal (stream). The excavation will require construction of three access ramps to. the bed of the stream and a temporary staging area, and the excavated material will be used to build up the southern levee bank.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
1234 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 243-8150
- Other Location Info
- The Project will occur along a 2.7 mile stretch along the south side of the East Side Canal (Stream), approximately 3 miles east of State Route 65 and approximately 7 miles southwest of Livingston and 13 miles northwest of the Merced National Wildlife Refuge, Merced County, California; Section 19 and 20, Township 7 South, Range 11 East, USGS 7.5 Minute Quad Map Stevinson, MOB & M; Latitude 37°18'33.74"N, Longitude 120°47'49.12"W.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project includes activities related to the maintenance of an existing facility without resulting in an expansion of use. No significant environmental impacts will result if the Project is completed under the protective features included in Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0121-R4.
- Notice of Exemption
- East Side Canal PDF 471 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.