Nygaard Bridge (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0197-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 2 - Northern Central, Rancho Cordova (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, North Central Region 2)
- Document Title
- Nygaard Bridge (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0197-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0197-R2, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Russell Nygaard. The project is limited to the construction of a 40-foot long, 16-foot wide single span bridge across an unnamed seasonal tributary to Green Spring Creek. Excavation for the abutment footings, consisting of 10-foot by 19-foot by approximately 6-foot deep holes on either side of the stream, has already been completed. One of the abutment footings has been constructed. The other abutment footing will be completed by hand-placing reinforcing steel and pouring concrete in place within the excavation. Abutment walls will be constructed by hand-placing reinforcing steel and pouring concrete in place into wooden forms. The concrete will be pumped from a concrete truck staged in the existing driveway north of the stream. Once the abutment walls have gained sufficient strength, the footing excavations will be backfilled with stockpiled soil. A prefabricated steel superstructure will be delivered in two pieces, set on the abutment walls using a crane, and paved. The crane will be staged in the driveway north of the stream. Small concrete backwalls will be placed behind the abutment walls to allow for placing and compacting driveway backfill leading to the bridge. A wooden cover structure will be constructed over the bridge deck to create a "covered bridge" appearance.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife North Central Region
1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2955
- 38.7120°'"N 121.0662°'"W
- El Dorado
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at an unnamed tributary to Green Spring Creek, in the County of El Dorado, State of California at 1306 Green Valley Road, El Dorado Hills, California, 95762.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type - Class 3; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15303 (New Construction or Conversion of Small...)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is exempt under Class 3 because it consists of the construction of a new small structure (a driveway bridge) that is appurtenant to an existing single-family residence.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019090423_Nygaard Bridge PDF 353 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.