Lakey Home Foundation Repair (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0466- R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Lakey Home Foundation Repair (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0466- R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Martin Lakey
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0466-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Mr. Martin Lakey.Emergency construction activities to stabilize the portion of the Lakey Residence that was at risk of collapsing into Fall River occurred in January 2019 and were conducted under a CDFW Emergency Notification. The emergency actions included the installation of two 16-inch-diameter steel piles underneath the home and the placement of a 41-foot steel beam across the piles to return the overhanging portion of the home to the correct elevation. To access the work area on the downstream (western) side of the home, quarter-ton rock slope protection (RSP) was placed to provide a working pad for the excavator. After removal of the failed foundation, the underlying bank will need to be excavated to competent material (estimated to be approximately 3 feet in depth). The limits of excavation will be approximately one foot beyond the existing foundation line. Approximately 0.75 cubic yards of bank material will be excavated outside of the limits of the existing foundation and within the current OHWM of the river. Excavation will be followed by forming the foundation in the same lines as the original foundation, and pouring structural concrete up to an elevation (approximately 6 feet) from which treated wood sills and wedges can be placed to support the floor joists of the home in their original line and elevation. The concrete forms will beremoved, and the excavated area will be backfilled with 0.75 cubic yards of clean washed ½- to ¾-inch rock. Approximately 7 cubic yards of excess rock that was placed into Fall River below the OHWM for equipment access will be redistributed along the bank upstream of the current rocked area for additional bank protection.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2124
- 41.073975N°'"N 121.482628W°'"W
- Northern California
- Cross Streets
- 42079 River Bank Road, Fall River Mills, CA
- Parcel #
- Other Location Info
- Latitude 41.073975N, Longitude 121.482628W; Assessor’s Parcel Number 023-540-018; 42079 River Bank Road, Fall River Mills, CA.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project includes foundation repair on an existing home with no significant impacts to fish and wildlife resources.
- Notice of Exemption
- 1600-2019-0466-R1_SHA_Lakey Foundation Repair_NOE PDF 108 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.