Pipelines L-301 A, L-301 G, and L-301 H Operation and Maintenance (Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2018-080-04)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 4 - Central, Fresno (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Central Region 4)
- Document Title
- Pipelines L-301 A, L-301 G, and L-301 H Operation and Maintenance (Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2018-080-04)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has issued Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2018-080-04, pursuant to Section 2081 subdivision (b) of the Fjsh and Game Code (see Cal. Code Regs., tit. 14, § 783.2) to Pacific Gas and Electric Company to incidentally take California tiger salamander (Ambystoma californiense) which is listed as threatened under the California Endangered Species Act (CESA; Fish & G Code 2050 et seq.; see Cal. Code Regs., tit. 14, § 670.5, subd. (b)(3)(G). The Project includes three interrelated inspection, maintenance, and upgrade activities along two gas transmission lines. Project activities include direct assessment of excavated portions of the pipeline as well as casing removal and remediation. The Project will involve multiple excavations to inspect, maintain and upgrade various lengths of pipeline ranging from 10 feet to 81 feet in length. Excavations will range in size from 9-foot by 10-foot up to 10-foot by 44-foot along 206 feet of pipeline. The entire Project Area including Work Areas and access roads will temporarily impact 2.24 acres of upland habitat. It is estimated that Project activities will take seven months to complete and are planned to begin in 2019 and extend until October 31, 2023.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
1234 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 243-4014 ext. 274
- San Benito
- Other Location Info
- The Gas Line 301A and 301G Operations and Maintenance Project (Project) is comprised of four locations throughout San Benito County. Project activities will occur at five discrete Work Areas within the Project Area, which extends from northwest of the City of Hollister's city limits at its easternmost extent, to northwest of the City of San Juan Bautista at its westernmost extent. The easternmost site is a Work Area at 36.864° latitude, -121.443° longitude, the westernmost Work Area is located at 36.879° latitude, -121.580° longitude.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Approval of this Project is subject to California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Article 18 Statutory Exemption §15282 (k) "The installation of new pipeline or maintenance, repair, restoration, removal, or demolition of an existing pipeline as set forth in Section 21080.21 of the· Public Resources Code, as long as the project does not exceed one mile in length"; as well as Pub. Resources Code, §21080.21 , "This division does not apply to any project of less than one mile in length within a public street or highway or any other public right-of-way for the installation of a new pipeline or the maintenance, repair, restoration, reconditioning, relocation, replacement, removal, or demolition of an existing pipeline." "Pipeline" includes subsurface facilities but does not include any surface facility related to the operation of the underground facility." (Pub. Resources Code, §21080.21 ). This Project involves excavations to inspect, maintain, and upgrade is transmission infrastructure.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019088126 PDF 795 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.