Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Department of Parks and Recreation
The project will replace the failing roofs on the historic Monument Residence and its associated garage and shed in Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park to protect the buildings from water damage and maintain their structural integrity. Additional work will include minor maintenance work on the windows of the residence.
• Remove existing wood shingles, inspect skip-sheathing boards and rafters, and replace in kind as necessary;
• Install DensDeck roof boards and underlayment for additional weather protection beneath rustic shingles. Mark and date new materials prior to installation;
• Install Class B cedar wood shingles, identical in appearance to the previous roof shingles, with a double starter course and 5 ½" reveal;
• Restore the dry-rotted window frames of the primary residence;
• replacing fascia in-kind and retaining existing glass panes; and
• Replace metal gutters and downspouts with a standard 5" brown metal gutter and downspout
Project consists of the repair, maintenance or minor alteration of existing public or private structures involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond current levels; the replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced, included as "Reroofing" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR § 15300.4; and Project limited to maintenance, stabilization, rehabilitation, restoration, preservation, conservation or reconstruction of historical resources in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring, and Reconstructing Historic Buildings (1995), Weeks and Grimmer.