Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) Line 235 Repair and Replacement (Amendment No. 1 of Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0128-R6)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 6 (Ontario) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 6)
- Document Title
- Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) Line 235 Repair and Replacement (Amendment No. 1 of Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0128-R6)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas)
- Document Description
- The Project will consist of repairs/replacement along the existing 30-inch-diameter natural gas pipeline corridor (Line 235). All repair and replacement locations will be located within the existing 50-foot right-of-way, which extends approximately 25 feet on both sides of the pipeline centerline. Rock riprap or other structures will not be used within or near drainage features. In addition, water is not anticipated to require diversion because the drainage are expected to be dry during construction. The purpose of the amendment request is to allow Southern California Gas Company to repair a leak identified in the pipeline (Line 235), which is related to the prior repairs made and waterway impacts covered by the subject Agreement. After completion of original repairs and re-pressurization of the pipeline, a leak was identified, which will impact 75 square feet of an additional jurisdictional waterway that was not included in the initial notification.
- Contact Information
Dr. Shankar Sharma
California Department of Fish and Wildlife Inland Deserts Region
3602 Inland Empire Blvd, Suite C-220
Ontario, CA 91764
Phone : (909) 228-3692
- San Bernardino
- Other Location Info
- SoCalGas' Line 235 extends along an existing utility right-of-way (ROW) running generally northeast-to-southwest from Newberry Springs, California to Highway 247 in San Bernardino County, California. The pipeline corridor crosses several unnamed desert dry washes with connectivity to the Mojave River. Agreement 1600- 2018-0128-R6 is amended to add an ephemeral drainage near Leak 11, within Section 2 of Township 7 North, Range 2 East, as shown on the United States Geological Survey (USGS) 7.5-minute Quadrangle Map (Camp Rock Mine). Leak 11 is located approximately 8.5 miles southwest of Newberry Springs in San Bernardino County, California.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class (1); California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15301(b) Existing Facilities
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of repair and replacement of the existing SoCalGas gas pipeline facility, thus the project is an existing facility used to provide electric power, natural gas, sewerage, or other public utility service (title 14, section 15301 (b)). The Project activities will remain within SoCalGas's right-of-way with no new impacts. SoCalGas has coverage under Memorandum of Understanding (2081-1995-049-5) with CDFW for take of State-listed species.
- Notice of Exemption
- 1600-2018-0128-R6_NOE_Amend PDF 1754 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.