Dennison Ranch Water Diversion Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019- 0575-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Dennison Ranch Water Diversion Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019- 0575-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Villa Amorosa, Inc. as represented by Carter Michozuki
- Document Description
- This Agreement pertains to maintenance and use of an onstream dam and diversion in Witherell Creek for irrigation and frost protection of vineyard. Water Right Application Nos. A024352A (License No.012200), A024352B (License No. 0132558), and A027896 (Permit No. 019380) support the diversion, storage, and use of stream flow from Witherell Creek. Up to 7.2 acre-feet are diverted under License No. 012200 at a rate of up to 0.035 cubic feet per second (cfs) from March 1 through May 31 of each year. Up to 1.6 acre-feet are diverted under License No. 0132558 at a rate of up to 0.61 cfs from March 1 through May 31 of each year, and up to 5 acre-feet are diverted under Permit No. 019380 from November 1 of one year to March 31 of the following year. Water is diverted to storage and for direct use for frost protection and irrigation and heat control of vineyards and for recreation. Ground water and subterranean channel flow diversion activities are not covered under this Agreement.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Region 1 - Northern
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-5671
- Other Location Info
- The water diversion project is located on Witherell Creek, tributary to Anderson Creek, tributary to the Navarro River, in the County of Mendocino, State of California; SW corner of NW ¼ of Section 35, Township 14N, Range 14W; Mount Diablo Base and Meridian, in the Boonville 7.5-minute quadrangle, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) map. The property address of the project site is 9600 Road 1508- near Boonville. Assessor's Parcel Nos. 046-190-12, 046-190-13, and 046-170-42.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1; California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- Activities will be conducted in a manner to protect water quality and free flowing conditions in Witherell Creek. No mature or scenic trees will be removed. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, threatened, or rare species or their habitat pursuant to §15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 1600-2019-0575-MEN_R1_Dennison Ranch Water Diversion_NOE PDF 666 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.