2019 KERN-TULARE WATER TRANSFER AGREEMENT
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- West Stanislaus Irrigation District (West Stanislaus Irrigation District)
- Document Title
- 2019 KERN-TULARE WATER TRANSFER AGREEMENT
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- West Stanislaus Irrigation District will make up to 20,000 AF of Central Valley Project water available to Kem-Tulare Water District - conveyed through the Delta Mendota Canal, and San Luis Canal to Kern Tulare Water District in 2019. This transfer is well within the historical actions taken by West Stanislaus.
- Contact Information
West Stanislaus Irrigation District
Post Office Box 37
Westley, CA 95387
Phone : (209) 894-3091
- Kern Stanislaus Tulare
- Other Location Info
- Within the boundaries of the West Stanislaus Irrigation District, and Kem-Tulare Water District and within the Delta-Mendota Canal, San Luis Reservoir, and the California Aqueduct.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec. 21080(b)(1); 15268
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is covered by the general rule that CEQA applies only to projects which have the potential for causing a significant effect on the environment. Here, continuation of West Stanislaus' annual transfer of CVP water to other districts is a continuation of the status quo, and it can be seen with certainly that there is no possibilities that the activity in question may have a significant effect on the environment; therefore, the activity is not subject to CEQA. (CEQA Guidelines, §15061.J.
- Notice of Exemption
- NOE - West Stanislaus ID Water Transfer Agreement for Kern County PDF 143 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.