Battle Creek Island Ranch Diversion (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019- 0030-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Battle Creek Island Ranch Diversion (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019- 0030-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Battle Creek Island Ranch, LLC and Hoy and Son Construction Inc.
- Present Land Use
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0030-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Battle Creek Island Ranch, LLC and Hoy and Son Construction, Inc. This project is limited to the annual construction of a gravel diversion dam in Battle Creek to divert water pursuant to a legal water right. Specific work includes: stockpiling clean, native spawning gravels on the west bank near the diversion dam site; construction of a gravel dam in Battle Creek using native gravels to divert water; construction of a low-flow channel through the gravel dam that does not impede fish movement; and diversion of water from Battle Creek to the Gover Diversion Ditch pursuant to a legal pre-1914 water right.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2124
- 40.397699N°'"N 122.153425°'"W
- Parcel #
- 057- 540-002 and 057-540-006
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- title 14, section 15301 and 1530
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project proposes to seasonally install, operate, and maintain an existing water diversion facility with no expansion in use or removal of vegetation.
- Notice of Exemption
- Extracted pages from 1600-2019-0030-R1_SHA_Battle Creek Island Ranch Diversion_Battle PDF 133 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.