Owens Lake High Flow Preparations Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 6 (Lahontan), Victorville
- Document Title
- Owens Lake High Flow Preparations Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Document Description
- The Project is to implement preventative measures in order to protect dust mitigation infrastructure on Owens Lake due to high flows expected from the above average snow-pack runoff in the eastern Sierra Nevada. Proposed measures include blocking an 18-inch culvert with plywood and sandbags, Then redirecting the flow with 2.5 miles of v-ditch. LADWP anticipates that the measures will remain in-place for a period of 6-8 months.
- Contact Information
Lahontan Regional Water Quality Control Board
15095 Amargosa Road, _Bldg 2, Ste 210
Victorville, CA 92394
Phone : (760) 241-7305
- Other Location Info
- The Project is located at Owens Lake in Inyo County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Water Board finds that the Project is categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), pursuant to CCR, title 14, section 15304, Minor Alterations to Land, for the minor trenching and back filling where the surface is restored.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019070278 PDF 593 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.