(a) Amendment of Zoning Map No. 196, Zone Change Case No. 56; Amendment of Zoning Map No. 212, Zone Change Case No. 2; Amendment of Zoning Map No. 213, Zone...
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Kern County
- Document Title
- (a) Amendment of Zoning Map No. 196, Zone Change Case No. 56; Amendment of Zoning Map No. 212, Zone Change Case No. 2; Amendment of Zoning Map No. 213, Zone...
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- The proposed project would involve construction and operation of one photovoltaic (PV) power-generating facility, on two discontinuous sites, which would produce a combine total of 300 megawatts (MW) of electricity with up to three (3) gigawatt hours (GWh) of energy storage on approximately 2,006 acres of land in unincorporated Kem County. The proposal includes: Northern Project Site: (a) Changes in zone classifications from A-1 (Limited Agriculture) to A (Exclusive Agriculture) on approximately 325.11 number of acres and from A-1 H (Limited Agriculture - Airport Approach Height Combining) to A H (Exclusive Agriculture - Airport Approach Height Combining) on approximately 49.34 acres or more restrictive districts (ZCC No. 56, Map No. 196); (b) Conditional Use Permit (CUP) to allow for the construction and operation of a solar photovoltaic electrical generating facility, including energy storage (Section 19.12.030.G) In the A (Exclusive Agriculture), AH (Exclusive Agriculture - Airport Approach Height Combining) District (CUP No. 45, Map No. 196); and (c) Amendment to the Circulation Element of the Mojave Specific Plan to remove a portion of the designated, but not constructed, arterial roadway of Purdy Avenue from United Street to Fifth Street (SPA No. 30, Map No. 196). See NOD for full details.
- Contact Information
Lorelei H. Oviatt
Kern County Planning and Natural Resources Department
2700 "M" Street Suite 100
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Phone : (661) 862-8600
Sanborn Solar Project by Sanborn Solar, LLC (PP19102)
- Other Location Info
- Approximately 14 miles southeast of the City of Tehachapi, approximately 1.5 miles southeast of the unincorporated community of Mojave, and approximately 7.5 miles northeast of the unincorporated community of Rosamond
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- County of Kem
- Approving Agency Role
- Lead Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- Kem County Administrative Center, 1115 Truxtun Avenue, Fifth Floor, Bakersfield, California 93301, telephone no. 868-3585.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2019060259_Final Sanborn Solar PDF 416 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.