Common Landowner Transfer of up to 10,000 acre-feet of Tulare Lake Basin Water Storage District's Approved 2019 State Water Project Table A Water to Kern County
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Common Landowner Transfer of up to 10,000 acre-feet of Tulare Lake Basin Water Storage District's Approved 2019 State Water Project Table A Water to Kern County
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Title Cont.: Water Agency (SWPAO #19005) The proposed project is the transfer of up to 10,000 acre-feet Tulane Lake Basin Water Storage District's (TLBWSD) approved 2019 State Water Project (SWP) Table A water to KCWA. The request was made on behalf of landowner Sandridge Partners Inc., which farms in both TLBWSD's and KCWA's service areas. Sandridge Partners Inc. will use the transferred water to better manage its water supplies. The delivery of TLBWSD's approved 2019 SWP Table A water to KCWA will be completed by December 31, 2019.
- Other Location Info
- From the Delta to Kern County Water Agency's (KCWA) turnouts at Reaches 9 through 11 B of the California Aqueduct, and Reach 31A on the Coastal Branch of the California Aqueduct.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- a. State Water Project long-term water supply contract includes provisions for delivery within SWP place of use. b. No construction is required to implement the proposed points of delivery. c. The facilities are existing facilities that have not been expanded or modified to implement the proposed change in points of delivery. d. The water will be delivered to lands that have been in agricultural production for many years. There will be no change in land use.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019060082 PDF 807 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.