Agreement between the Kern County Water Agency (Agency) and California Department of Water Resources (DWR) for Delivery of San Joaquin River Exchange...
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Kern County Water Agency
- Document Title
- Agreement between the Kern County Water Agency (Agency) and California Department of Water Resources (DWR) for Delivery of San Joaquin River Exchange...
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- The Agency is entering into the Agreement with DWR to deliver 2019 CVP water to Semitropic WSD. In compliance with the California Environmental Water Quality Act, the Authority filed the Water Transfer Program for the San Joaquin River Exchange Contractors Water Authority 2014-203 8 Final EIR/EIS (Final EIR/EIS) on January 28, 2013. As part of the Authority's Water Transfer Program, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation will make available to the Agency on behalf of its member unit Semitropic WSD up to 5,000 acre-feet of the Authority's 2019 CVP water, currently in storage in San Luis Reservoir, for delivery to Semitropic WSD.
- Contact Information
Kern County Water Agency
P.O. Box 58
Bakersfield, CA 93302-0058
Phone : (661) 634-1400
- Kern San Joaquin
- Other Location Info
- The Agency is a State Water Project (SWP) contractor located in Kern County in the southern San Joaquin Valley. Semitropic WSD contracts for SWP water through the Agency and is located in Kem County in the southern San Joaquin Valley. The SWP includes facilities located throughout the State of California.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Kem County Water Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- Stuart T. Pyle Water Resources Center, Kern County Water Agency, 3200 Rio Mirada Drive, Bakersfield, CA 93308.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2019060065 PDF 553 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.