Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Camp Host Site Conversion
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Convert campsite #40 in the Ritchey Creek Campground in Bothe-Napa Valley State Park to a full hookup camp host site in order to provide better host visibility and oversight after hours. Work will:
• Install a rock retaining wall at the back of the site;
• Grade the existing site #40 parking pad, add and compact aggregate base;
• Excavate a 73' long by 24" deep trench for a water line tie in and, under the existing accessible path to the existing combo building excavate a 93' long by 24" deep trench for electrical and sewer lines;
• Tie the new sewer line into the existing septic tank at the southeast corner of the upper campground combination building, tie the new water line to a shut off valve for a nearby existing spigot and tie the new electrical line into the electrical supply at the existing combo building;
• Install an RV utility pedestal for the new electricity, water and septic connections;
• Where trenching occurred, re-grade the existing accessible path to the combo building; and
• Construct a new accessible path from site #40 that connects with the existing accessible path to the restroom.
Project consists of construction and location of limited numbers of new, small facilities or structures and minor public or private alterations in the condition of land which does not involve removal of healthy, mature scenic trees, and is included as "installation of park facilities" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR §15300.4.