Boat Ramp Installation of O'Neill Forebay Spillway
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Boat Ramp Installation of O'Neill Forebay Spillway
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- To facilitate DWR and United States Buraeau of Reclamation (Reclamation) inspections of the O'Neill Forebay Spillway, San Luis Field Division (SLFD) will Install a boat ramp about 12 feet south of the spillway. About 10 cubic yards (cy) of riprap will be removed from the bank and will be placed above the waterline around the boat ramp. A 70 foot long-reach excavator will be used to place one 8-foot wide by 30-foot long by 0.5 feet thick prefabricated concrete mat on the bank, for a total area boat ramp area of 240 square feet. The width of the boat ramp will be 8 feet. Approximately 20 tons of base rock will be placed above the water line at a 3:1 slope to create the base for the ramp. The concrete mat will be anchored with steel stakes and about 10 cy of sand will be used above the water line to fill the spaces in it. The base rock and sand will come from a gravel pit in Los Banos. No removal of vegetation or dredging of material will occur Reclamation and DWR will benefit.
- Other Information
- The O'Neill Forebay spillway is approximately 1 mile west of the City of Santa Nella. The work location at UTM 10S 673569mE 4107469mN, about 12 feet south of the spillway.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project involves installing a prefabricated concrete mat in a 240 square feet area that does not contain trees or other vegetation: There will be no vegetation removal or dredging. Categorical Exemption 15304 (Minor Alterations to Land) applies.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019058271 PDF 273 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.