Kings Canyon Emergency Rockslide (Director's Order)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Caltrans 6 (Fresno) (California Department of Transportation, District 6)
- Document Title
- Kings Canyon Emergency Rockslide (Director's Order)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Document Description
- Due to saturated rocky hillside conditions, a large section of rock face has collapsed onto SR 180 near Kings Canyon National Park, partially blocking the roadway. The size of the slide is beyond the means of State Forces to clear with their equipment. This project will remove the fallen rock material to reopen the roadway for public use. The material will be hauled and stockpiled less than a mile away at Convict Flat Campground. The roadway will also be patched with hot mix asphalt to repair any damage cause by the rock fall.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- PRC 21084; 14 CCR 15300 et seq
- Reasons for Exemption
- All work was done within Caltrans Right of Way, and on the existing pavement.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019058238 PDF 1902 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.