O'Brien Safety Roadside Rest Area Water and Waste Water System Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No.1600-2019-0249-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- O'Brien Safety Roadside Rest Area Water and Waste Water System Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No.1600-2019-0249-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0249-R1 , pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to California Department of Transportation. The project is scheduled for two seasons, between April and November 2020 and 2021 . On the hill slope to the west there are two unnamed watercourses on which risers and a small concrete dam were built 50 or 60 years ago as part of the water supply for the O'Brien SRRA This project will remove the risers, concrete dam, and some of the associated infrastructure. Some infrastructure will remain at the request of the Shasta Trinity National Forest. All work will be conducted when the watercourses are at low flow or dry.
- Other Location Info
- The project is located on the hill slope immediately to the west of the O'Brien Safety Roadside Rest Area (SRRA) and across the north-bound lanes of Interstate 5. The O'Brien SRRA is located approximately 1 mile north of the Pit River Bridge that crosses Lake Shasta, County of Shasta.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of work for the removal of existing water control structures and facilities within two unnamed watercourses, except for some infrastructure that will remain at the request of landowner (Shasta Trinity National Forest); no new replacement structures will be constructed. There will be no expansion of use or capacity.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019058224 PDF 665 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.