Reasons for Exemption
1. The project is a cleanup action to be taken to prevent, minimize, stabilize, mitigate, and/or eliminate the release or threat of release of a hazardous waste or substance.
2. The project is a removal action costing $1 million or less.
3. The project does not involve the onsite use of a hazardous waste incinerator or thermal treatment unit or the relocation of residences or businesses and does not involve the potential release into the air of volatile organic compounds as defined in Health and Safety Code Section 25123.6.
4. The project is consistent with applicable state and local environmental permitting requirements including, but not limited to, off-site disposal, air quality rules such as those governing volatile organic compounds and water quality standards and approved by the regulatory body with jurisdiction over the site. Prior to implementing field activities, all necessary permits will be obtained from the City of Lafayette, County of Contra Costa, and Bay Area Air .Quality Management District (BAAQMD).
5. None of the following exceptions pursuant to Cal. Code Regs., tit. 14, § 15300.2 apply:
(a) Cumulative Impact. The project will not result in cumulative impacts because it is designed to be a short-term final remedy that would not lead to a succession of projects of the same type in the same place over time.