Thermalito North Forebay Controlled Burn for July 4th Event
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- DWR (Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Thermalito North Forebay Controlled Burn for July 4th Event
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR)
- Document Description
- Cal-Fire will be conducting an annual controlled burn of up to 20 acres of grassland area within the TNFRA. Land is owned by CA DWR and managed by CA Department of State Parks. This burn is being conducted to alleviate a safety concern due to July 4th Fireworks Celebration (being held at the TNFRA).
- Other Location Info
- Thermalito North Forebay Recreation Area (TNFRA) south of Garden Dr. and just north of the Thermlito Power Canal.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- When conditions are appropriate, the bum is anticipated to take 3-6 hours in mid June. No ground disturbance (other than fire) will occur, and all sensitive resources will be flagged and avoided by fire crews. No known sensitive resources will be negatively impacted due to this activity.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019058007 PDF 1139 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.