Santa Cruz County Storm Damage at Valencia Road PM 2.43 Repair Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0238-R3)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 3 - Bay Delta, Fairfield (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3)
- Document Title
- Santa Cruz County Storm Damage at Valencia Road PM 2.43 Repair Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0238-R3)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- County of Santa Cruz Department of Public Works
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0238-R3, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the County of Santa Cruz Department of Public Works. During heavy winter storms of 2016/2017, a landslide damaged an approximately 200-foot long section of Valencia Road when the hillside below the road slumped, with a 50-foot portion of the southbound lane slipping into Valencia Creek and an additional approximately 90-feet of longitudinal pavement cracking associated with the road slumping downward several inches outside the limits of the landslide head scarp. In March 2019, the slumped portion of the embankment slipped out, resulting in an approximately 50-foot long section of road slipping downslope at the location of the longitudinal pavement cracking. Along with soil slumping, land sliding and pavement damage associated with this event, six large redwood trees also fell during the land movement, with their root wads, and associated soil debris falling into the Valencia Creek. The Project will make repairs to the failed road and embankment.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Bay Delta Region
2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 95434
Phone : (707) 428-2088
- 36°59'48.8"N 122°52'5.2"W
- Santa Cruz
- Parcel #
- 105-171-09, 105-131-42, and 105- 171-12
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at Valencia Creek a tributary to Aptos Creek, in the County of Santa Cruz, State of California.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project will make repairs to a road that was damaged in an area where a state of emergency was proclaimed by the Governor pursuant to the California Emergency Services Act, commencing with Section 8550 of Government Code.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019048192_NOE 2019-0238 PDF 355 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.