Novo Aquatic Sciences Inc. Hopper Dredge Monitoring
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife, Marine Region (Monterey) (Department of Fish and Wildlife, Marine Region)
- Document Title
- Novo Aquatic Sciences Inc. Hopper Dredge Monitoring
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Steven Novotny, Novo Aquatic Sciences Inc.
- Document Description
- The Department of Fish and Wildlife is issuing a permit to Novo Aquatic Sciences Inc. pursuant to Fish and Game Code Section 2081 (a) for research conducted aboard the USAGE Essayons Hopper Dredge. The Section 2081 (a) permit authorizes the applicant to collect Longtin Smelt, Delta Smelt, and Chinook Salmon during the course of monitoring dredged material, subject to terms and conditions set forth in the permit. The purpose of this research is to count and attempt to quantify total potential entertainment during the course of normal hopper dredging operations in Federal Navigational Channel inside San Francisco Bay. Monitoring of the dredged material is proposed to take place between June 1st and November 30th, 2019.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
Marine Region 1933 Cliff Drive, Suite 9
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
Phone : (707) 576-2889
- San Francisco
- San Francisco
- Cross Streets
- Estuarine and marine waters of San Francisco Bay, California
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- § 15306, Information Collection
- Reasons for Exemption
- See NOE for full details. The Project involves sampling during the course of required monitoring in estuarine and marine waters which will not result in a serious or major disturbance to Longtin Smelt, Spirinchus thaleichthys, a threatened species, Delta Smelt, Hypomesus transpacificus, an endangered species, spring run Chinook Salmon, Oncorhynchus tshawytscha, a threatened species, winter run Chinook Salmon, Oncorhynchus tshawytscha, an endangered species.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019048055 PDF 72 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.