Oak Glen/Water Canyon Hazardous Fuel Reduction
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (Cal Fire)
- Document Title
- Oak Glen/Water Canyon Hazardous Fuel Reduction
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE)
- Document Description
- This project is part of a multi-phased project designed to reduce fuel loadings and modify the fuel arrangement on the existing fuelbreak (defensible fuel profile zone) adjacent to the Cherry Truck Tail, International Truck Trail, Little Pine Bench Truck Trail, Mile High Truck Trail and on private existing fuel breaks along Mias Canyon Rd, Banning Canyon Rd, and Raywood Flat. This will enhance the ability of firefighting agencies to prevent a major conflagration from moving into the Oak Glen, Beaumont, Banning, Oak Glen or the Cherry Valley areas from off site. See NOE for full details.
- Contact Information
California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE)
P.O. BOX 2097
Idyllwild , CA 92549
Phone : (951) 940-6902
- 5, 6
- Other Location Info
- Quadrangle reference (7.5'): Beaumont and Forest Falls. See NOE for full details.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- §15304 Minor Alterations to Land
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project fits under portions of 4 Categorical Exemption "15304 Minor Alterations to Land" - "Class 4. consists of minor public or private alterations in the conditions of land, water and/or vegetation which do not involve removal ''of healthy, mature and scenic trees except for forestry and agricultural purposes". Field review by CAL FIRE staff confirmed that no exceptions apply that would preclude the use of a notice of exemption for this project.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019038561 PDF 106 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.