Bechelli Lane and Loma Vista Active Transportation Improvement Project, JO# 4908-57 (ED-03-19)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Redding, City of (City of Redding)
- Document Title
- Bechelli Lane and Loma Vista Active Transportation Improvement Project, JO# 4908-57 (ED-03-19)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Corri Vandiver, Project Engineer
- Document Description
- The City of Redding will construct an active transportation corridor improvement project on Bechelli Lane and Loma Vista drive. The proposed project would include a variety of improvements to sidewalks, streets, and street crossings to encourage non motorized use and improve safety for pedestrians, cyclists, and motorists. The project includes ADA compliant curb and gutters; sidewalk gap completion; new crosswalks; lighting improvements; functional landscaping; enhanced pedestrian crossings, with raised concrete pedestrian medians and flashing beacons; and buffered bicycle lanes. Construction will consist of earthwork, tree removal, utility relocation, drainage improvements, lighting, irrigation, landscaping, paving, striping, and sign replacement. Utilities will be relocated as needed to implement the ADA compliant improvements. Temporary construction easements will be required, and disposal material will be taken to the City of Redding Landfill.
- Contact Information
City of Redding
Public Works Department 777 Cypress Avenue
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-4046
- Other Location Info
- Bechelli Lane from South Bonneyview Road to Cypress A venue, and Loma Vista Drive from Bechelli Lane to Chum Creek Road.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec. 15301. Existing Facilities
- Reasons for Exemption
- See NOE for full details. Class 1 exemptions include minor alteration of existing public or private structures, facilities, or topographical features involving negligible or no expansion of use. The project will enhance the existing facility for pedestrians and bicyclists, but will not create additional vehicle capacity. The project has been reviewed for sensitive resources and will not have a significant effect on biological or cultural resources such as threatened or endangered species or their habitats, sensitive vegetation communities, tribal lands, or tribal cultural resources. The project has no potential to have a significant effect on the environment.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019038523 PDF 843 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.