The proposed project would consist of the following changes to Title 21 of the Long Beach Municipal Code (zoning ordinance) collectively referred to as the project:
1) create a zoning code definition for drive-through facilities;
2) update the commercial and industrial zones permitted use tables with the new drive-through facility definition;
3) require a CUP for new fast food drive-through and expansions in industrial zones and in all planned development districts for consistency with the existing review process in the commercial zones that allow this use;
4) make reference to the design guidelines that will be developed at a later time and will supplement the drive-through regulations in the zoning code;
5) include a provision to address the demolition and/or rebuilding of a drive-through facility approved under a previous CUP and subsequently, made legally nonconforming with the project; and
6) provide new required findings specific to the drive-through use.
Caltrans, District 7Air Resources Board, Transportation ProjectsCalifornia Department of Parks and RecreationDepartment of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5Department of Water ResourcesNative American Heritage CommissionRegional Water Quality Control Board, Region 4Resources AgencySan Gabriel & Lower Los Angeles Rivers & Mountains ConservancyState Water Resources Control Board, Division of Drinking Water