Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Breakers Decks and Sewer Replacement
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Repair balconies, decks, stairs, walkways and sewer line at the Breakers area at Asilomar State Beach and Conference Grounds to upgrade facilities. Work will:
For the balcony, deck, and stair repairs:
- replace and/or repair as necessary all deteriorated wood decking and fascia boards on
balconies, decks and stairs with historically appropriate wood material; and
- refinish and/or replace metal guard rails and hangers as necessary.
For the sewer line replacement and walkway repairs:
- use a backhoe to excavate an approximately 330' X 6' X 6' trench;
- remove and replace sewer line; and
- backfill trench with excavated spoils and repair walkways and disturbed areas in-kind.
Project consists of the repair, maintenance or minor alteration of existing public or private structures or facilities involving no expansion of use beyond current levels and is included as "Utility repairs or minor upgrades" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR § 15300.4, and the replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced.