Acquisition of properties in Riverside County in the Palo Verde Valley
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- Document Title
- Acquisition of properties in Riverside County in the Palo Verde Valley
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California approved the purchase of 27 parcels totaling 732.61 gross acres of land, including 667 water toll acres in the Palo Verde Valley from Wegis family farms, LP and Wey Almond Farms, LLC, located in the Palo Verde Valley in Riverside County. The orioerty will remain in its current condition, subject to existing agreements and farming activities. Metropolitan has not yet made any decisions to use the property for any project or change its current use in any way. If and when Metropolitan decides to use the property for any specific project, additional CEQA analysis will be done.
- Contact Information
Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
P.O. Box 54153
Los Angeles, CA 90054-0153
Phone : (213) 217-6276
- Other Location Info
- Project Specific: 732.61 acres owned by Wegis Family, LP, and Wey Almond Farms, LLC identified as Riverside County Assessor's Parcels Nos. 830-050-015; 830-210-005; 830-210-014; 830-220-004; 833-030-030; 833-081-001; 833-081-002; 833-091-001; 833-091-003; 833-091-004; 833-091-004; 833-091-031; 836-050-015; 836-050-017; 836-100-010; 836-100-011; 836-155-018; 857-130-003; 857-130-006; 857-130-010; 857-130-013; 866-040-002; 866-040-003; 866-080-008; 866-120-003; 866-120-004; 869-260-001.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- 15378(b)(4), 15061(b)(3)
- Reasons for Exemption
- exempt status: other, state CEQA guidelines 15378(b)(4), 15061(b)(3) the proposed action to enter into purchase and sale agreements, making payments for the property purchases, and taking other actions associated with the metropolitan's costs for the acquisition and assessment of real property is not subject to CEQa because it involves government fiscal activities, which do not involve any commitment to any specific project that may result in a potentially signifigant physical impact on the environment (section 15378 (b)(4) of the state CEQA Guidelines). The proposed action is also exempt under the provisions of CEQA and the State CEQA Guidelines because the proposed transfer of ownership of interest in land does not include any activity or change in the existing use of the property that may cause a significant effect on the environment (section 15061 (b)(3) of the CEQA Guidelines). Metropolitan has not yet made any decision to use the property for any projects or change its current use in any way. If and when metropolitan decides to use the property for any specific project, additional CEQA analysis will be done.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.