Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Power Equipment Shed Construction
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Replace the existing power equipment shed at Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park with a larger, enclosed facility for proper storage of roads and trails maintenance equipment. Work will:
- demolish the existing 8'x18' storage structure and salvage lumber for use as shelves in the new storage shed;
- excavate a 230' long by 6" wide by 18" deep trench, install 3/4" PVC water line and backfill with excavated soils;
- construct the new 10'x26' power equipment shed and install shelves;
- construct a new 4' x 8' safety cabinet for storage of fuels and flammable liquid; and
- install approx. 60' of electrical conduit and wiring.
Replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced and minor public alterations in the condition of land which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.