East Side Canal - Sediment Removal Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0240-R4)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 4 (Fresno) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 4)
- Document Title
- East Side Canal - Sediment Removal Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0240-R4)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2018-0240-R4, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the applicant, East Side Canal and Irrigation Company. The Project includes activities related to the one-time mechanical of accumulated sediment from approx. 2.7 miles of East Side Canal (stream). The excavation will require construction of three access ramps to the bed of the stream and a temporary staging area, and the excavated material will be used to build up the east/north levee bank.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 4
1234 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : 559 243-4014 ext. 243
- Other Location Info
- The Project will occur within the East Side Canal (Stream), beginning approx. 0.5 mile east of Estates Drive and 0.25 mile north of State route 140, and ending 2.7 miles northeast (downstream) at the intersection of Howard Road and State Route 140.
- Other Information
- *Latitude/Longitude continued: Multiple. NOTE: See NOE for full details.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, Tit. 14, Sec. 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project includes activities related to the maintenance of an existing facility without resulting in an expansion of use. No significant environmental impacts will result if the Project is completed under the protective features included in Streambed Alteration Agreement no. 1600-2018-0240-R4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.