Unbalanced exchange of SWP Water Supplies-AVEK/KCWA 2019 16,000 AF
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency
- Document Title
- Unbalanced exchange of SWP Water Supplies-AVEK/KCWA 2019 16,000 AF
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency (AVEK) will transfer up to 16,000 Acre-Ft (af) of SWP Water supply to Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency (KCWA) in 2019 (for the benefit of one of KCWA's member agencies) in an unbalanced (3:1) exchange. Up to 5,333 af of water will be returned to AVEK within five years. Water will be deli.
- Contact Information
Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency
6500 West Avenue N
Palmdale, CA 93551
Phone : (661) 943-3201
- Kern Los Angeles
- Other Location Info
- Location City: Various Location Specific: Kern and Los Angeles Counties. Program will occur within service boundaries of AVEK Water Agency and Kern County Water Agency (KCWA).
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class1;15301;Existing Facilities
- Reasons for Exemption
- This program is exempt from CEQA pursuant to Class 1 categorical exemption (14 C.C.R. & 15301) because it involves the use of existing publicly owned water facilities within the boundaries of AVEK and KCWA. Water storage or exchange involves imported water delivered through SWP Calif. Aqueduct that would otherwise be consumed or stored by AVEK.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.